Skip to content
Jump to Keyboard Shortcuts
Extra-Curricular and Community Drama
Senior Drama Club
- Thursday Lunchtime in the Theatre (for students in Yrs 9–13)
Junior Drama Club
- Thursday Lunch in the Drama Studio (for students in Year 8)
Year 7 Drama Club
- Wednesday lunch in the Drama studio
A-Level Drama and Theatre Studies performance exam rehearsals
- Students receive one-to-one monologue and duologue rehearsals every lunch time in the spring term:
see the timetable outside the Drama Studio for more information.
- Unit 3 devised performance and Unit 2 text in performance group rehearsals take place in the Drama
studio and the Theatre selected Wednesdays after school 3:10 – 5:00pm.
Year 11 GCSE Unit 3 performance exam rehearsals
- Selected lunches and weekends – see timetable in the Drama department
Community Drama Projects
Future Community Projects
- More live from Stratford events are happening this year, students who are involved will receive letters home in the summer term.
- Watch this space for more information on the exciting community theatre projects planned for 2016 onwards!
- 2013 - 2016 - Several 'Live from' Events
- 2016 - Creative writing workshops with Michael Southan
- 2015 & 2016 - Sound design workshop for GCSE Drama students with John Edgar.
- 2014 - A Level Drama students visited Newman University to watch a Year 1 performance of 'Woyzeck'
by Georg Buchner; this was an excellent chance for the students to experience the university community.
- 2013 - We took part in the 'Live from Stratford' event; this involved a selection of gifted, talented
and able students watching David Tennant in Richard II streamed over the internet from the Royal Shakespeare Theatre.
They then took part in a live question and answer session with David Tennant. This opportunity was given to Coppice
as we are a Shakespeare Nation school.
- 2013 - Senior Drama Club created a Theatre in Education piece and presented it to a Year 6 audience
from Oak Meadow. Coppice students then ran a practical workshop for the Oak Meadow students to explore their feelings
about moving onto secondary school and to build their confidence about the changes that take place between Year 6 and Year 7.
- 2012 - Shakespeare Schools Festival 2012, a group of students from Coppice Performed 'Titus Andronicus'
with the aim of getting the school community and local community more interested in the plays of William Shakespeare.
- 2012 - Gifted, talented and able Drama students from Year 7 & 8 took part in a poetry writing
workshop linked to the Royal Shakespeare Company's performance of 'I Cinna the poet'. This was part of a ground breaking
initiative that allowed the students to watch a recorded version of the performance over the internet. The poetry
created was displayed at the 2012 Drama Festival a few weeks later.
- 2011-2012 - The Drama department assisted in the Easter performance at Oak Meadow Primary school.